So you think you know clubbing, huh? You are basically a person who loves going out when the sun has already set. When the dark sets in, you know it is time to party with some of your friends, or even some strangers! And life doesn’t get much better than that.
Just when you think you know the ins and outs of nightlife, here comes Ibiza. If it was a figment of imagination, it would be Atlantis given the epic parties held in this place! For any clubber, Ibiza is like Mecca that you need to visit at least once in your life before you can even call yourself a true nightlife enthusiast.
Where is Ibiza?
So where in the world is this party-stricken place? It’s time to take a cue from Vengaboys’ 1999 song, “We’re Going to Ibiza!” The lyrics say, “We’re going to Ibiza… Back to the Island… We’re gonna have a party… In the Mediterranean Sea…” And those pieces of information are all correct!
Ibiza is found in Europe, 79 kilometers off the coast of the city of Valencia in Spain. It is the third largest of the Balearic Islands, and, you guessed it, is in the Mediterranean Sea! It is famous for holding amazing parties from dusk until dawn, which means you can basically dance the night away. The fact that it is an island makes you feel detached from the rest of the world, and you can have the time of your life here. Now that’s putting the literal and figurative feeling together!
What Makes it Special?
Ibiza is legendary when it comes to the clubbing scene, primarily because of the many things it can offer you. There is not one single experience, rather a myriad of them waiting for you once you visit the island! Here are just a few highlights that you should experience when coming to Ibiza.
- Music Bars
- Okay, now you’re in an entirely different location. Even if you are with companions, sometimes it will take a little getting used to as the scene is really intense. If you need a little warming up before you dive in the fun, there are plenty of music bars scattered around the area. Have a few drinks and low-intensity dances, and that should prepare you for the Ibiza culture. You’re definitely going to need it.
- Different Atmosphere every Night
- So you think you can get bored after visiting the same place every night? Wrong! Every night, a different promoter is responsible for the music and the motif of a specific area, so that means you’re in a whole new world when dusk comes. And that’s just one place! There are many clubs in Ibiza, and all of them transform every single night!
- Boat Parties
- Sometimes it is not enough to party on land and dance the night away. You need a bit of variation. And that is exactly what you get in Ibiza. If you are tired of land, then go and sail the seas! There are boat parties that bring more life and flavor to this small but packed island. It’s definitely a clubber’s heaven, that’s for sure!
Some of the Best Clubs in Ibiza
Considering Ibiza is a tourist destination, all thanks to its sprawling and booming nightlife, you can expect that there are many clubs there. But if you want to experience some of the most notable ones, here’s a list of the best clubs, courtesy of Billboard.
- Amnesia Ibiza
- Located in the heart of the island, it can accommodate 5,000 party-goers and has long been a favored venue by dance artists.
- This is near the Ibizan airport runway, and the party location is on a terrace that makes you feel even higher.
- If you are fond of seeing the Mediterranean Sea as you party, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Eden boasts a state-of-the-art sound system which makes the music even more lively. It also hosts underground events that will surely make you love the place.
- For a more toned-down experience, but still a fantastic one at that, Heart is where you should go. The live performances are just spectacular.
- Pacha Ibiza
- Pacha Ibiza is considered to be a VIP haven, as some of the rich and famous people around the world flock here.
- This nightclub is literally taking the scene to a whole new level. It has large pools, air dance floors, and adult shows.
- Space Ibiza
- Space Ibiza is the oldest and the largest in the bunch, and you can definitely feel the history here!
- If you want to dance the night away and sea the sun finally come up, Ushuaia is the place for you.
Does this make you feel excited? I know I am! Excuse me while I quickly pack my things!